Managed Packages: Not just for ISVs
Managed packages for your customer orgs
What are Managed Packages?
Self-contained bundles of
- Record Types
Types of managed packages
Why Use Managed Packages?
- Seperation of concerns
- Easy to update / deploy
- Fast to write / update
Managed Package Requirements
- Developer Org (NOT A SANDBOX)
- Something to deploy
- AppExchange is NOT required!
Packages in Packages in Packages
You can have packages depend on other packages
- More seperation of concerns
- Use Open Source
- Global limits on non-certified packages
- Namespace limits on triggers
- No rolling back, just rolling forward